We are looking for a SOURCING & PURCHASING MANAGER for the American plant of an Italian multinational company that produces refrigerated display cases for the retail food industry.
Reporting to the General Manager, the person will be responsible for Sourcing and Procurement supporting Manufacturing and Operations.
A key element of this position will be to ensure that components and parts necessary for production and fulfilment of customer orders are available and delivered on time to Production. Performance will be measured also on cost savings and inventory rotation control and targets.
- Research and selection of suppliers, monitoring theirs capacity, constraints, lead-times and overall inventory commitments in order to measuring their KPI;
- Monitor the flows of buy items, guarantee availability of components in order to avoid material shortages and production downtime;
- Identifies values enhancement and cost savings opportunities to plant processes and purchased materials;
- Identify, review and qualify best cost and fulfillment supply chain/vendors options;
- Mitigate and minimize shipping costs and expediting fees and other expenses with suppliers;
- Support to negotiate and resolve negative Purchase Price Variance (PPV).
The Manager will collaborate with internal and external customers to resolve scheduling conflicts, inventory levels, material shortages, and any other material issues. He/she will cooperate with Engineering for new product implementation and mitigate risk of inventory product obsolescence.
Place of work: North Carolina.
Experience and skills required:
- BA/BS Degree or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in a Sourcing role;
- Skilled in production and supplier scheduling; proficient with ERP systems;
- Knowledge of supplier processes and capabilities;
- Ability to read blue prints;
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to visit suppliers and sister companies;
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.