Reply [MTA, STAR: REY] is made up of a network of highly specialised companies, which support leading industrial groups in defining and developing business models to optimise and integrate processes, applications and devices, using new technology and communication paradigms, such as Big Data; Cloud Computing; Digital Communication; Internet of Things; Mobile and Social Networking.
Concept Reply is part of Reply Group.
Our IoT team is developing the next generation of V2X (Vehicle to Everything) solutions from the ground up. We work on the most innovative technology connecting everyday vehicles and supercars to the infrastructure paving the way to Lev 5 autonomous drive. We have a chance to work on something that will impact society in many ways. The challenge will extend to commercial vehicles and trucks that are an incredible concentrate of technical solutions for logistic and maintenance. The new frontiers of Precision Agriculture is another critical development area increasing the farm’s economic and environmental sustainability. These fascinating machines will be manufactured in the factories of the 4th industrial revolution where new sensors generate valuable data to increase equipment’s effectiveness, Edge Computing brings the machine learning algorithms close to the shopfloor and Artificial Intelligence enables predictive Maintenance.
We are looking for:
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ARCHITECT
- Understanding the defined SW architecture of current Modular Architecture solution for new connected vehicle solutions.
- Develop SW specifications, Design software and application features, functional specifications and architectures maximizing quality and time schedules, through an interactive cooperation with team leader, team members, validation team, project stakeholders and suppliers.
- Understanding vehicle characteristics, back-office infrastructure features and manage application components integration in the systems.
- The Software Architect has a direct impact on Brands telematics offer increase (through the design and development of new Architecture SW product contents)
- The Software Architect has a direct impact on keeping up with the commitments made to the customer in terms of improving the product quality with every major release milestone.
- Work cohesively as a member of a development team, collaborating as needed with other members of the team with the end goal of maximizing quality and delivering on schedule.
- Design software, architecture and application features that are scalable, portable, and maintainable which allows for easier transitions to new and different hardware platforms.
- Follow established corporate and project-level Software Development Processes, ensuring consistency of development standards.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews to ensure the best design and detect/resolve software bugs early in the development process.
- Write SW specifications and SW architectures
- Use version control systems (such as Subversion, Git), bug tracking systems (such as, Jira) and adhere to the policies and practices followed by other software engineers across various teams.
- Participate to requirements analysis activities and provide inputs to software development teams.
- Work in tandem with system engineers to design the software functionality in detail.
- Work with product validation teams, field technical specialists and quality engineers on clear deliverables.
- Travel, as necessary, to supplier facilities, test facilities, and customer field sites to gather data, resolve problems and explore software design alternatives.
- MS Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Electronics or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of software development and integration experience
- Extensive Embedded Systems/Software design experience
- C/C++ and Java programming and in-depth Software knowledge required for Linux
- Expertise in IO driver/middleware
- Android application development background
- Solid Experience in vehicle applications including CAN communication, J1939 protocols and ISO-11783.
- Knowledge of Internet related networking and application protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, MQTT, XMPP, etc..
- Knowledge of web based technologies (WEB portals, WEB services, database, backend system architectures)
- Experience UMTS/HSPA/LTE Networks, Cellular Protocol stack, RTOS
- Knowledge on short range communication technologies (wi-fi, Bluetooth protocols and stacks)
- Knowledge of SW security principles
- English language: native or advanced level