GSK is looking for a
Senior Manager Global Vaccines Digital External Communications (M/F)
Requisition ID: WD187005
This role is responsible for planning, development and delivery of digital external communications to support GSK’s vaccine business and brands. This includes a variety of digital channels such as microsites, social media, etc. and is targeting different external audiences, incl. the general public, media, and healthcare providers.
The goal of the work is to deliver targeted, effective and impactful digital communication – built on audience insights, always on and around major milestones and external/internal events, to enhance understanding and build trust for vaccines in general and for GSK vaccines specifically.
Part of the role will be leading the global digital work for GSK Vaccines, but also enabling digital communications activities undertaken by the Local Operating Companies (LOCs) or regions, providing guidelines, content, and strategic as well as executional support.
- Develop and implement global external digital communications strategy, define digital channel strategy and execute against priority digital comms channels.
- Support design and roll-out of new microsites for vaccines, creation of content strategy and editorial calendar, and link with social media to drive traffic and raise awareness amongst target audiences.
- Define and measure KPIs to assess success and optimization potential of corporate and dedicated social media channels and microsites as basis for continuous improvement loop (incl. analysis of appropriate social media metrics and Google Analytics, integrate digital marketing industry trends and best practice, and communicate critical performance metrics to leadership.
- Build meaningful connections amongst audiences and encourage community engagement with and advocacy for microsite and with relevant social media channels and content.
- Integration with other digital communication activities, incl. corporate channels, partners, curated content.
- Design and execute a paid media strategy to amplify reach of messages and integrated in the paid, owned, earned model of digital communications in a highly regulated environment (pharma/vaccines).
- Ensure all communications programmes are compliant with GSK codes of conduct, ethics and values.
- Digital communications mindset.
- Analytical mindset and track record of challenging the status quo and implementing change based on solid data and insights.
- Follow through based on project management attitude: insights – planning – execution – assessment.
- Creativity and willingness to seek out new opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and be pragmatic as well as outcome-focused.
- Ability to take a global view with the ability to understand and adapt to regional / local needs.
- Flexible and self-motivated; able to remain focused in a fast moving and complex matrix organization.
- Fluent or native English speaker and writer.
- University Degree.
- Extensive digital communications experience and track record of delivering meaningful interventions based on insights to deliver impactful digital engagement with different audiences.
- Strong understanding of digital media and their impact in a business environment, especially social media, with ability to analyze relevant data and draw conclusions that allow optimization of reach and impact of digital communication.
- Ideally experience in the pharma or FMCG industries, or alternatively other highly regulated industries.
- Strong verbal and written English skills, with solid business acumen and understanding of the commercial environment.
- Demonstrated creative approach to digital communications, the link to business needs, and ability/willingness to try new things.
- The ability to evaluate and apply judgment in a variety of situations, particularly when being involved in complex projects with reputational impact for corporations.
- High personal accountability.
- Experience working in cross functional teams and matrixes, and in cross-company collaborations.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Tags: Manager Global Vaccines Digital External Communication, digital, communication, social media, microsite, communication strategy, content, editorial, paid media strategy, data insights, project management, digital media, digitaal, communicatie, sociale media, microsite, communicatiestrategie, inhoud, redactioneel, betaalde mediastrategie, data-inzichten, projectbeheer, digitale media, numérique, communication, médias sociaux, microsite, stratégie de communication, contenu, éditorial, stratégie de média payant, analyse de données, gestion de projet, médias numériques