Our Client an international sale company with production factories, is seeking a
Senior Accounting – Cost Controlling
Purpose of the role:
The Senior Accountant – Cost controlling position manages autonomously the Inventory, Cost accounting, Purchase Price Variances, Goods received / Invoice received, Goods in transit, and for a specific set of customers, also the Accounts payable and payment approvals.
He/she is also actively involved in Management Control activities on different levels, considering accounting, tax, financial and operational aspects.
He/she reports to the Chief Accountant
Key Areas of Focus and responsibilities:
- Management of Goods received / Invoice received accounts, including clearing of PPV’s in cooperation with Customer Services and Purchase department.
- Monitoring and cleaing of Goods in Transit.
- Monitoring and management of inventory, including stock counts.
- Calculation and update of Standard costing.
- Maintenance of Cost / Inventory Master data.
- Review of inventory provision, incl. analysis of slow moving of finished products for PLN and Customers.
- Recording of invoices payables for a specofic set of customers.
- Management of mandatory tax compliance requirements and fulfillment (black list Countries).
- Payment approvals for selected items.
- Management and controlling of write-off’s in compliace with Group procedures.
- Inventory and working capital reporting.
- Reconciliations related to area of responsibility.
- Sundry / ad-hoc requests and reporting
- Assistance in other areas upon request
Qualifications and knowledge:
- Very good knowledge of Accounting and Finance principles, local GAAP/IFRS accounting standards
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office tool (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and ability to learn internal systems programs, like Accounting Software and in particular SAP Business One.
- Accounting Diploma
Skills and behaviour:
- Outgoing behavior and open-minded.
- Proven ability to organize work, coping with workload, establishing priorities and aiming for goals of the Company
- Flexibility in learning and implementing new programs and/or procedure
- Ability to interact and communicate actively with collegues of same department, other departments and at +/- 2 levels
- Attention, precision, accuracy and keen eye for reporting activities.
- Focused in meeting multiple tasks, in accordance with timelines of monthly accounting close and elaboration of annual Financial Statement
Fixed Term Contract / Temporary Contract. Good opportunity to join a Company and its multinational environment
Location: (Genova, Liguria, Italy)