We are looking for a PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR for the American plant of an Italian multinational company that produces refrigerated display cases for the retail food industry.
Reporting to the Production Planning Manager, the person will support the manufacturing facility by supervising hourly staff, organizing and monitoring work-flow to achieve safety, training, volume and cost production targets.
- Forecast staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands for workload and performance results for area of responsibility;
- Ensure that cross training and continuing education is maintained for production personnel;
- Conduct annual performance reviews on all direct reports;
- Keep accurate timekeeping in software systems;
- Ensure process controls are in place to accurately control WIP and proper inventory levels are established, maintained, and audited for compliance;
- Responsible for all quality-related issues and directs investigation claims for proper identification of root cause, incorporation of corrective actions and follow-up verification;
- Identify and implement corrective/preventative actions, PPM, inventory control, and scrap reduction programs.
Place of work: North Carolina
Experience and Skills Required:
- BA/BS Degree or a High School Diploma /GED with a minimum of 5 years experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment;
- Strong knowledge of organizational workflow and ability to delegate by assigning responsibilities
and formulating schedules;
- Demonstrable knowledge of key manufacturing principles and processes.