Our client is an international automotive group, tier 1. For a Plant located in North Germany, we are looking for a Plant Manager responsible for day to day operations of the entire manufacturing facility: safety, quality, logistics & warehouse, production, maintenance, customer satisfaction, financial results, P&L. The role reports to the COO. We would like to meet with candidates strongly motivated by results, willing to face an interesting international challenge.
- Take part to the preparation of the yearly budget for Opex and Capex
- Ensures that the facility provides the highest quality products produced in the most efficient manner within budgeted costs. Implements systems to effectively manage production schedules properly supporting the business.
- Leads the effort and drives Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques fostering continuous improvement within the facility. Acts in a proactive fashion in regard to problem resolution.
- Manages P&L for the facility and drives Plant performance and reviews KPIs regularly (Daily, Weekly and Monthly).
- Leads the overall strategic planning efforts for the location which include cost reduction initiatives, capital planning and resources as well as in other areas.
- Manages the overall safety, quality, scheduling, production, shipping, maintenance and other administrative functions for the facility.
- Leads the effort in maintaining a safe, clean and efficient operation working within all company guidelines and local/state/federal regulations.
- Strives to improve the plant’s safety accident record year over year in creating a positive safety culture for all employees. Conducts safety walks of the facility on a weekly basis.
- Conducts talent reviews. Trains, develops and motivates staff in an effort to optimize the workforce. Delivers performance reviews and any feedback to the team as needed.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings which focus on key operative measurements.
- Schedules and conducts plant communication meetings for all employees.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers. Visits both as necessary.
- Works as necessary to establish positive community relationships
- Reporting and keeping contacts with the HQ
- Fluency in Italian & German is a must, as well a good level of English.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business Management
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in operations, as Plant manager or Production Manager within automotive sector is a mandatory requirement
- Previous experience working in a Lean environment.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification is a plus
- Proven experience and record of successes in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing to the IATF 16949 or VDA is a must
- Familiar with WCM methodology is a plus
- Good knowledge of ERP system (SAP or AX Dynamics)
- Very good knowledge of Suite Office
What we offer:
- Working with very prestigious car makers business
- International exposure of the role
- Possibility for a dynamic growth
- Very interesting package with fix, variable, company car, relocation package