Why work at Just Eat?
Just Eat plc operates a leading global marketplace for takeaway food delivery. Headquartered in London, we use proprietary technology to offer a quick and efficient digital ordering service for 25 million Customers (11 million in the UK) and 100,000 Restaurant Partners across the UK, Australia & New Zealand, Canada, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Norway, Spain, Switzerland and Brazil. 'Serving the World's Greatest Menu. Brilliantly.' is our vision, and should guide everything we do as a business. Our 'dream with a deadline' is to 'serve 500,000,000 brilliant food moments to 50 million loyal customers helping 200,000 restaurants prosper'. And we'll do that by focusing on our 'key ways': Brand: the most-loved globally; Data: the most intelligent, personalised service; Range: unrivalled choice everywhere, and; Delivery: a winning platform'. All of this is underpinned by winning as one global team: our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have over 3,000 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Get it done, Razor sharp, Evolution at pace, Ambitious appetite and Together we win. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. From a culture and people perspective, Just Eat seeks to hire smart, determined and dedicated people with both ability and experience. The employees come from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the business’s global audience and outlook. Just Eat is very proud of its open culture. It is an environment where people are encouraged to share their ideas and try new things. In that way, the business encourages entrepreneurialism like a start-up while balancing being a global brand and business.
About Just Eat Legal
As the legal team of a high-growth listed tech company in a dynamic sector, Just Eat Legal are constantly presented with opportunities to work on a diverse range of interesting projects. The team provides cutting edge legal support to Just Eat’s strategic initiatives. We have been at the heart of the major M&A transactions completed in recent years, global marketing and sponsorship deals, technology initiatives and significant regulatory and litigation matters Just Eat Legal is an exciting, challenging and rewarding team to work in. We work closely with our colleagues in the business to understand the broader business context and support Just Eat’s strategic objectives.
Just Eat are looking for a part-time legal counsel to work as sole legal counsel, supporting the management team on a broad range of matters, providing commercially sound and business orientated legal support. This individual will be critical in supporting key stakeholders in the delivery of business initiatives through pragmatic legal advice.
- Providing legal support to the business to enable the delivery of projects and key initiatives
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements (including restaurant agreements and branded chains agreements)
- Adapting Group agreements to local legislation and practices
- Developing in-house standards and precedents
- Ensuring that business and regulatory risk is managed and escalating as necessary
- Ensuring compliance with GDPR and drafting data protection clauses and privacy policies
- Advising on marketing campaigns and sponsorship agreements
- Advising on gig economy issues
- Managing disputes, as and when they arise
- Where appropriate instructing and supporting external counsel in Italy
- Monitoring Italian legislative changes and judicial/regulatory activity which may impact business initiatives or objectives
- Supporting the implementation of policies and procedures
- Escalating important matters to Legal Director Europe, as required
- 5 years+ PQE solicitor qualified in Italy with experience working in-house or within private practice
- Corporate-commercial experience, ideally in TMT sectors
- Extensive commercial negotiation and drafting skills
- Strong ability to develop relationships and influence senior stakeholders within an in-house environment through commercial judgement and communication
- Collaborative and team-focused approach to work and delivery of projects (the chosen candidate will have to work closely with the Italian business team and with the Group Legal team based in the UK
- Ability to lead on business projects and work alongside external counsel and third party advisors
- Ability to identify commercial, pragmatic solutions for all parts of the business
- Capable of seeking knowledge from other parts of the business
- Ability to identify and escalate issues to senior stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise competing matters and seek help in prioritisation
- Fluent in Italian and English