Function: LEAD BUYER
Purpose of Function:
His organizational unit, is the Purchasing area, and has the responsibility of the assigned material group strategy, in terms of supply security, cost and risk reductions for a multinational production company of the Automotive sector, certified IATF 16949 and ISO 14001, of about 400 employees in two production sites in Italy.
A strong cooperation with other departments across group is necessary for the position.
Job/Area of responsibility:
- Working out and realization of Supplier and Material Group Strategies;
- Planning and coordination of all procurement activities from phase 1 until end of production (aftermarket included);
- Responsible for the realization of cost optimization measures;
- Approved Supplier list management (including new Suppliers approval process management);
- Preparation and implementation of RFQ (request for quotation), and its negotiation;
- Supplier contracts management and completion (e.g.: Scheduling Agreement, MPA, SDA);
- Evaluation and improvement of Supplier performances (Quality, Cost, Delivery) in cooperation with Production Plants;
- Support of Pre development team;
- Escalation to suppliers in case of ongoing delivery and quality issues;
- Change and claim management;
- Procurement related data management in SAP MM - Module;
- Supplier tooling management;
- Budget planning and responsability.
- Degree in Economics, Industrial Engineering or comparable qualification;
- Several years of experience in Procurement in the Automotive Branch;
- High knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and high SAP ERP (Module MM) skills;
- Fluent English skills (the knowledge of German language is also valuable);
- Average knowledge of quality standards and management;
- Available to travel.
Further skills: the knowledge of commercial law, the ability to work in cross functional teams, technical problem solving skills, strong communication skills, assertiveness, and the ability to negotiate.