Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
The candidate will become part of the Strategic Planning & Control Units structure, which aims to support business steering, the definition of the main KPIs and targets, performance monitoring, sensitivity analysis and the production of periodic reports for to top management for the Group Business Units.
In particular, the candidate will deal with the Investment, Asset and Wealth management Business Unit, with a focus on monitoring and analyzing the Generali Group's Investments (assets under management of around € 500 Bn).
The Investment Controller will be involved in the following activities:
· Monitoring of Generali Group’s Investments with reference to the main Investment KPIs: Operating and Non-Operating investments result, portfolios yields, impairments, SAA, etc .;
· Active participation in the target setting process, of deep dives (TOP7 Group business unit) and QBR;
· Analysis of the financial scenarios underlying the preparation of the three-year plans and implementation of ad hoc models for the conduct of sensitivity analysis relating to the main financial variables (interest rates, spreads, dividend yield, etc.);
· Monitoring and reporting of Total Shareholder Return (TSR);
· Creation and updating of a tool to be used in the Top down Plan phase aimed at estimating the main investment KPIs;
· Monitoring of financial results and the main KPIs for the IAWM BU (target, forecast, plan, actual);
· Support in the preparation of "ad-hoc" analysis and preparation of reports for Top Management;
· Collaboration with other offices and Group functions for specific strategic initiatives / projects (eg IFRS 9).
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- At least 5 years of similar work experience;
- Degree in quantitative disciplines (Economics, Finance, Statistics or similar);
- Fluent English;
- Excellent knowledge of the Office package (Excel, Power point), the visual basic programming language and the Bloomberg application;
- Quantitative and analytical approach;
- Quick learner, proactive and curious;
- Good interpersonal relationships and ability to work in team.