Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please submit your CV in English language.
The Sherwin-Williams Company is the world’s largest paint and coatings company with annual revenues in the region of €17 billion. Operations in EMEAI cover both industrial and consumer markets, and the company operates from numerous countries across the region.
The role can be based in Bologna, Italy or Sheffield, Bolton, Witney or Reading, UK and some national and international travel will be required.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Assist with the identification of controls to address key risk points
- Complete process walkthroughs
- Test controls over key financial business processes
- Execute audits of Sherwin-Williams Plants, Distribution Centers and Enterprise-wide business processes in EMEAI
- Partner with Corporate Audit Manager in EMEAI to complete site risk assessments and generate audit programs
- Execute assigned audit steps with minimal supervision
- Partner with stakeholders to resolve questions and validate findings
- Evaluate and document process effectiveness by applying Accounting/Auditing and business knowledge
General Responsibilities and Tasks
- Participate in special request reviews involving all aspects of an audit.
- Research unique situations and determine logical conclusions during the audit. Ensure that these conclusions are supported by thoroughly documented workpapers and well written audit exceptions.
- Provide assistance and perform other related inherent professional audit activities (including IT Audit Activities), as requested by Audit Leadership
- Facilitate with external audit to assist their annual statutory audit activities.
- Attend and review physical inventory counts on a selective basis
Bachelor’s degree in Business (strong preference of Accounting or Finance), or equivalent
Advanced degrees or certifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) preferred
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- prior work experience within Internal or External Audit. (strong preference of experience with a Big 4 firm)
- Written and Reading working proficiency in English
- Other foreign language knowledge is a bonus.
- Solid understanding of general accounting, SOX, Internal Control and Accounting ideally within a manufacturing Industry environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, with the effective use of active listening and interviewing skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work independently to solve complete audit assignments.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time (domestic and international)
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the department and listen/respond to other team members' views/opinions
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality