Connectivity and Integration Manager
In this position you are leading technology development related to distribution systems.
Your tasks include:
- Plan, conduct and coordinate a range of complex technology/ engineering activities related to common communication requirements to the components. Propose, analyze, and evaluate technically and economically emerging technologies for device communication.
- Partner with other Business Lines Digital Product Management, Product Management, Digital lead to ensure appropriate representation of needs. Understand technical problems and provide technical support.
Contribute to the connectivity and standards business strategy and technology roadmap with the considerations of the platform aspects, in cooperation with Electrification Digital Team and Technology management team and the global product group management. Analyze technical specification and common requirements that should be fulfilled by the platform in terms of connectivity, for all the development with the scope, provide best practice and knowledge. Execute the Business Line medium to long-term platform strategy.
Evaluate market requirements and innovation and provides feedback to appropriate product, manufacturing. Match market specifications for emerging technologies.
Contribute to identify a common set of communication protocols based on industry standard. Grant interoperability with third party systems. Identify opportunity for common implementation, to be addressed by common module through Electrification, minimize time to market and reducing recurring engineering cost.
NETWORK AND VISIBILITY:
Actively contribute to technical bodies both inside and outside the company and ensure information flow among all relevant parts of the organization. Set up and maintain channels for sharing knowledge and state-of-the-art developments from different sources (CRCs, universities etc.). Oversee appropriate participation in relevant international technical committees. Act as technology expert for special tasks in the wider organization.
- Degree o Diploma of higher education in Information Technologies Engineering specializing in IoT and Cloud Platform
- 5+ years of experience in architecting and implementing enterprise grade scalable solutions
- 5+ years of experience in developing IoT solutions
- Deep knowledge in communication protocols
- Proven expertise and understanding of technical requirements of cloud connectivity (IoT, Edge Cloud)
- IT, networking, computer security
- Filed communication protocols (Modbus, Profinet, KNX, BACNET)
- Wireless sensors and communications protocols (BLE, LoRaWAN, ZigBee, 4G/5G)
- Industrial M2M protocols (Ex. OPC-UA)
Communications and Collaboration:
- Ability to act as the interface between business digital common platform team and R&D
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, communication experience with senior management
- Creative, energetic, self-motivated, flexible team player with an ability to work independently
Location: North of Italy