Reporting to the Finance Director, the Chief accountant is the guardian of the accounting recordsand documentation, responsible for all aspects of the financial statements (closing, audits, financial statement productions, consolidation packages…)
He/She have the responsibility to optimise the function & its processes, participate in finance or company cross departments projects to support the business & the company strategy, management the direct reports in charge of accounts receivables, payables, and general ledger and manage the relationship with external auditors.
Internal & external Compliance and risk
- Ensure compliance with local accounting (IFRS & local GAAPS), and corporate requirements including financial statements
- Ensure compliance with the Group accounting & finance policies and procedures including closings & various reconciliations
- Working in strictly collaboration with the tax specialist in order, on one side, to provide all the info needed for tax calculation and on the other side to get all tax info to be properly reflected on the financial statement
- Support the business while translating new business models into compliant accounting flows.
Expertise and audits
- Produce ad hoc financial analysis and provide expertise on specific topics for the top management or the group financial operations & other partners
- Assess, lead and follow up on group and cross-departmental projects as requested
- Organise internal audit and reviews on processes during the year (Stock / Inventory / Assets / supplier / etc)
- Provide expertise on any accounting related topic.
- Be an SAP key user
- Your department is in charge of monthly reconciliations & provisions position.
- Ensure the supporting documentation for all transactions is relevant, received, processed and archived.
- Maintain the local systems and procedure documentation
- Contribute to the finance transformation by making sure processes are continuously optimized and standardized.
- Challenge & improve the productivity of the team (process / tools / etc)
- Train relevant department whenever required
- Contribute to the development of the financial awareness in the organisation (Make sure finance is accessible)
- Optimize the collaboration and information flow with other departments
Management & Talent development
- Manage a team of several people
- Coach, develop & motivate your direct reports in order to provide the right talents and technical abilities to deliver a best in class service for internal and external "customers" in the most efficient way while ensuring that your people develop in their function/career.
- Recruit and select (in collaboration with Recruitment Department)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Relevant Degree level education and proven track record of managing/leading a successful accounting organisation.
- Deep knowledge of local, accounting, tax, corporate and finance rules.
- Familiar with IFRS rules
- Good analytical skills & problem solving
- Attention to details & planification
- Excellent operational level of English
- SAP is a plus.
- Good communication skills with a positive mindset
- Proven ability to build relationships