Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves 21 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
Associate Network Data Scientist
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
The Analytics and Planning team, part of Sky’s Engineering Division, takes a data-driven approach towards meeting network planning goals, including capacity planning, performance planning and network economics. We develop insights which reinforce planning decisions or support wider commercial objectives.
As an Associate Network Data Scientist your responsibility will be to develop software and analytics capabilities to model and manage Sky’s network infrastructure and to produce network automation tooling to aid strategic planning and operational readiness:
- Network Modelling
- Develop current and planned network topology models.
- Develop software-based network traffic forecasts, capacity and cost models.
- Network Analytics
- Carry on analysis answering key business questions by applying an analytical mind-set. Quickly and efficiently process information from multiple sources.
- Work with stakeholders to interpret complex technical analysis and communicate them effectively.
- Identify key issues and spot trends in complex and uncertain situations, and propose the best way to move forward.
- Data Gathering and Network Visualisation
- Develop and support the middleware between OSS and Data Warehouse services and I&P infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain tools to automatically generate reports and graphs illustrating network topology, utilisation, performance and healthiness.
- Software Development
- Develop software systems and tools using industry standard frameworks to achieve network analytics and modelling objectives.
- Develop automation scripts to enable systems integration and process improvement.
- Business Intelligence and Insight
- Bring together curated data feeds, data science methodologies and network expertise to provide relevant and timely analysis for decision making.
- Support strategic planning and operational efficiency initiatives in multiple network domains and across the business, including: Strategic thinking enablement, Operational efficiency and Network economics.
• Solid understanding of telecommunication networks.
• Knowledge of data analytics, modelling and statistical analysis.
• Good programming skills (ideally in Python) and SQL knowledge awareness are a must.
• Strong analytical skills and a consultative, proactive and join-the-dots approach.
• Although not essential, a PhD in networks, computer science or similar is desirable.
• Languages: English and Italian
• Travel requirements: Up to 10% of the time