ABB is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. In order to strengthen the Global Technology Center based in Dalmine, we are looking for:
Application SW Developer LINUX – Rif. B19666
For Electrification Products, in the Business Unit Distribution Systems, in order to strengthen the Global Technology Center, we are looking for a Application SW Developer LINUX who will join the Technology Center based in Dalmine (BG):
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work on embedded software for diagnostic, monitoring, control and driving of electromechanical apparatus.
- Involved in all the steps of an R&D project from technical definition to the testing gate at both level electronic device and MV apparatus.
- Contribute in suggesting effective technical solutions applications, equipment and methods to develop market or manufacture new products/software/applications to respond cost effectively to customer requirements.
- The activities will involve engineering: the Application SW Developer LINUX will perform assigned engineering tasks as a member of a team in R&D, Software Design or Operations. He/she will assist in providing consulting services to business operations and customers.
- Master degree in Computer Science/Electronic Engineer (or similar), PhD in Software Engineering, Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or similar curricula represents a preferable title.
- At least three-five years of professional experience in SW Linux embedded development, C/C++ design of functional applications based on best practices, usability, and performances.
- Good understanding of cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud etc.), building CI/CD processes, debug, diagnose and troubleshooting of technical problems, unit tests for code quality validation, HW/FW functional testing with automatic tests system and test of the electronic devices in the final applications are an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a multitask/multisource team, sharing ideas, recommendations and improvements for control platform is a must.
- Proficient in written and spoken Italian & English
- Able to work hard in any critical situations and under high pressure.
- Good Team Working, Strategically Sharp and Goal Oriented.
Human Value is responsible for activities of Executive Search & Selection (Aut. Min. 7895/RS).
Human Value guarantees equal opportunities (L. 903/77). Interested candidates, men and women, are invited to read the information about Privacy (art.13 D.lgs 196/2003) on www.humanvalue.it