Analytical Linguist, Native Level - Italian
Full-time, on-site in Milan, Italy – around 3 months contract until the 31st January 2019
SDL (LSE: SDL) is the leader in global content management and language solutions. With more than 20 years of experience, SDL helps companies build relevant digital experiences that deliver transformative business results on a global scale. Seventy-nine of the top 100 global brands trust SDL to simplify the complexity of managing content across multiple brands, websites, languages, and devices. Go global faster with SDL. Learn more at SDL.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
SDL’s Marketing Solutions practice was formed in 2016 to productise new offerings from SDL’s existing language and rich media content management and adaptation services. The mission for SDL Marketing Solutions is to create broader solutions for existing and new SDL clients – marrying SDL’s well established language skills and our geographic footprint with visual content management expertise to adapt, manage and activate global marketing communications.
SDL is currently looking for full-time native level Italian Analytical Linguists to work on-site, to support the R&D team of an AI project in the areas of Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) and Text To Speech (TTS) at the client’s office in Milan, Italy. Our client is a leading global ICT solutions provider firm. The contract will be initially around 3 months starting ASAP until 31st January 2019. It is likely that the contract will be extended afterwards.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Phonetic database check (main task): The database contains recorded sentences and their phonetic transcription, aligned phone by phone on the audio. The task consists in checking that the transcription matches the audio (e.g. transcription mistakes, pauses, liaisons, elisions) and spotting potential pronunciation problems (e.g. breathing noises, mouth noises, prosody issues, glottal stops, creaky voice).
• Revision of lexicon: This task consists in checking the phonetic transcription of all entries of the lexicon.
• Synthesis quality check: This task consists in analyzing synthesis mistakes, and potentially correcting the phonetic database to solve them.
• Native level Italian speaker
• Degree in linguistics or computational linguistics
• Excellent knowledge of phonetics, acoustics and phonology
• Knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
• Excellent grammar knowledge
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail and good organisational skills
• Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and learn in-house tools
• Able to work independently with confidence and little oversight
If this sounds like you, then please email your English CV together with your salary expectation to Onusa Paul at email@example.com .