In Amazon Fulfillment & Operations, our IT teams achieve amazing feats each day: they keep our huge and busy Fulfillment Centers–which are the heart of our business–running smoothly. But further than that, they enable us to maintain our high standards as we fulfill hundreds of thousands of customer orders.
The role and responsibilities:
You’ll provide a first and second line support service, ensuring all IT equipment and infrastructure is running at optimum performance. You’ll ensure that departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site. You’ll also participate in site-wide projects that may update business and IT requirements.
This is an hourly role based on shift patterns that is paid weekly: it will also require flexibility regarding both regional travel, to support external sites, as well as out of office work hours, so a can-do attitude is required.
· Installation, ongoing maintenance and support of IT equipment, including–but not limited to: laptops and personal computers, telecoms equipment, printers and scanners,
· Workstation maintenance,
· Upon successful completion of training, some cabling work will also be required,
· Managing the imaging and backup of all workstations and laptops,
· Closely adhering to Amazon’s standards in all your work: you’ll strive for compliance with all company policies and guidelines, specifically our IT and Health and Safety protocols,
· You’ll aim to maximise availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure, thanks to your commitment to continuous improvement and preventative maintenance,
· Continuous pursuit of greater equipment efficiency, alongside cost reductions,
· You’ll deliver an outstanding level of service and support to your customer base,
· You’ll carry out change management requests as required, which will necessitate out of hours work,
· You’ll liaise with contractors and external suppliers, to clearly communicate technical issues and uphold Amazon’s standards,
· Provide information technology support and/or input to site-wide and team projects and initiatives,
· You’ll conduct trials and testing of all equipment, on behalf of your end-users,
· Proactive management of assets and inventory: you’ll run checks and audits in line with industry standards and processes, including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA),
· Provide IT support to senior engineers as required, including some out of hours commitments.
· An excellent, in-depth understanding of both computer software and hardware: you have experience in MS Windows System and Linux/Unix support,
· 2 years prior technical, IT support is highly favourable, in a logistics environment,
· Fluent command of English (both verbal and written): you’re able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences,
· Strong sense of customer service: you have a demonstrable record of excellent customer-facing skills,
· Demonstrable proficiency in methodical problem-solving, alongside analytical skills,
· All-round team player: you keep others informed of anything that contributes to the performance of the team, the department, or the company at large,
· Agile: able to prioritize and re-prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment,
· Experience in establishing new processes and procedures, while closely following those already in place: you always look for ways to improve,
· Bias for Action: you’re hands on and willing to roll up your sleeves,
· You have a demonstrable willingness to learn and apply new technology,
· Demonstrable strong initiative and motivation,
· Flexibility regarding working hours and shift patterns, as you provide cover for operational requirements,
· This position will involve some physical labour:
· IT Support Technicians may need to work in confined spaces, possibly in 48-inch crawl spaces, or inside air handlers,
· Lifting up to 40kg,
· Site cleanliness and maintenance work,
· Working at height, in elevated spaces.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Vendor certification of the following: Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows Support, Cisco knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless,
· Telecom knowledge, including VOIP/SIP and mobile technologies,
· Previous experience of technical support in a dynamic and fluid work environment,
· Prepared to develop skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centers automated systems,
· Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.