Technical Author / Writer
Would you like to create and edit technical documentation at a market leader in the international chip industry? Then contact us today!
Standard operating procedures are part of ASML's development strategy. Standardization of technical procedures is an essential factor within the high tech production industry and ASML is leading the way in this field! That is why we are looking for a Technical Writer OR Technical Author who can assist ASML in upholding their way of working. As a Technical Writer OR Technical Autor, you will create or edit all technical documentation (Procedures, PCS, FCO, Newsflash, comments, etc.) for Equipment and / or Manufacturing Engineering. In addition, you will be the main interface for all documentation related issues, tooling and processes
- Convert input from Engineers and/or development documentation into effective technical documentation for ASML products according to the specifications and standards;
- Apply work methods and tools of the department effectively and efficiently;
- Use documentation tools;
- Specify requirements concerning illustrations, technical input or user feedback;
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of publications;
- Contribute to the increase of professional expertise at a personal level as well as within the team;
- Adapt intelligently to ways of working, processes and procedures;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of ways of working, processes and procedures.
What's more, we can offer you as an expat immediate job security. We'll also take care of all the necessary paperwork to ensure you can get started in the Netherlands quickly. This means you can focus 100% on making a flying start in a challenging job in the heart of technological development in Europe: Brainport Eindhoven (link to: https://www.yacht.nl/professionals/living-and-working-in-the-netherlands )!
You should have:
- A Bachelor Degree in a technical area with 2-5 years of relevant work experience;
- Proven work experience as a technical writer;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Job Conditions / benefits
Yacht will make sure your move to ASML in the Netherlands is not only worthwhile, but also very smooth. The employment conditions are excellent, and Yacht will take care of your relocation from A to Z.
- An excellent salary with a bonus scheme.
- Plenty of space and opportunities to develop further as an professional in the Brainport Eindhoven high-tech region.
- Job security, we will offer you an immediate 1-year employment contract. Yacht has an extensive network of major clients in engineering. If necessary, we'll help you find a great job with another of our clients. (link to: https://www.yacht.nl/professionals/living-and-working-in-the-netherlands )
- Yacht will take care of all the paperwork associated with your application and relocation. We have a department that specialises in this, and our staff know exactly what needs to be organised. For example, we'll book and pay for your flights for the job interview. And if things work out, we'll apply for your visa and help you to find somewhere to live, or to open a bank account in the Netherlands etc. Of course, we'll also take care of your partner's and children's needs during your relocation, to name just a few of the important matters to be considered. (link to: https://www.yacht.nl/professionals/living-and-working-in-the-netherlands)
Yacht is the premier intermediary that brings together highly-trained professionals and renowned clients. As part of Randstad Group, the international recruitment organisation, we know the market and the world. As an expat, you'll notice this as soon as you come into contact with companies in the Netherlands via Yacht. We know better than anyone how to get you started quickly in a job in the Netherlands that suits you perfectly.
And we don't just consider your next step. At Yacht, everything revolves around your knowledge, experience and ambitions. From this starting point, we examine how we can maximise our contribution to your career – both now and in the future. We continually invest in the training, education and support of more than 5,000 professionals in our network, whether you're starting your career or already have many years of experience. Expertise is what unites us. Expertise and expertise development is the priority in everything we do – your expertise!
Working as a high-tech professional via Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long-term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, and in particular on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies working at the cutting edge of technology. Companies in our portfolio include: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
The Dutch company ASML is one of the few companies in the world that manufactures chip-producing systems. Microchip giants like Intel, TSMC and Samsung are ASML’s biggest customers. The chips made by ASML's machines end up in smartphones, computers and aeroplanes. There is an 85% chance that the chip in your smartphone was manufactured using one of ASML’s EUV machines.
When it comes to innovation, ASML faces the world’s toughest challenges. That is why ASML recruits the best mechanical, electrical and software engineers, who are always keen to expand their knowledge.
Within ASML, Development & Engineering (D&E) specifies and designs ASML products. The Mechanical Development (MDEV) department designs, builds and tests the mechanical systems and sub-systems that are incorporated into our final products. As part of the Mechanical Engineering department, you'll be responsible for main frame construction, service mechanisms, system enclosures and system-to-fab interfaces. As a designer, you'll report to the team leader of the Mechanical Constructions group and will operate within (multidisciplinary) projects.
Is a job as Technical Author / Writer at ASML via Yacht your dream job? Then apply today!
If we think there may be a match based on your application,
1. we'll contact you as soon as possible and invite you for a job interview at Yacht's offices, or via Skype for international candidates.
2. If there's a click, we'll introduce you to ASML. You will then have either 1 or 2 interviews with them (YACHT will pay for the airline ticket)
3. If you and ASML are a match… then you can get started as a Technical Author / Writer!
For more information, please contact Lotte den Otter on +31622869400