Responsible for independently performed preventive maintenance / diagnostic & repairs / upgrades & modifications of customer Filtration, Separation and purification Systems.
Multinational leader in process of filtration & Separation with biopharma & aerospace application
- Responsible for costing and quotation preparation/elaboration for requested service activities at a customer side.
- FAT/SAT and Field Service activities for chromatography columns (manual and hydraulic) as well as other equipment being maintained by biopharma supplier.
- Technical support for VMF Technology
- Responsible for purchasing and planning/coordinating all service activities including spare and ware parts handling for the corresponding service activities.
- Responsible for servicing and testing of complete systems hardware including mechanical, electrical and instrumentation. Must implement design modifications in agreement with the Project Engineering Team and Change Control procedures.
- May be required to troubleshoot PLC and HMI hardware / software based on established design.
- Responsible for the generation and implementation of written service and/or test procedures and risk assessments.
- Responsible for documenting system modifications and conveying modification details back to Project Engineering, through the correct Change Control procedures.
- Responsible for "Red Lining" system design drawings and operation manuals and forwarding to the Project Engineering Team for updating to "as-built" status.
- Responsible for training customer personnel in the proper operation of the Pall System. Must prepare training materials for various Pall Systems Technologies, including the provision of Standard Service Products relating to the specific technology
- Assignments will involve travel to specified sites (both domestic and international) to perform service activities. Travel may take place on evenings or weekends as required to meet the customer's need. Travel schedules will be arranged as directed by the line manager and will be in accordance with the customer Travel Policy.
Responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with customer. While performing service, the engineer / technician must make sound technical decisions to meet customer requirements while maintaining Pall's commercial interests. Independently resolves adverse situations constructively.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of Service Reports, Time Tracking, Site Visit Reports, Expense Reports and other business related documents.
- Responsible for performing all services in compliance with applicable customer, site and industrial safety practices.
- Responsible for training Customers', Distributor engineers' in the correct use and maintenance procedures for Pall Industrial service products, including the generation and use of Service Manuals.
- Other reasonable duties as required by changes to customer procedures or industrial markets.
General Health and Safety:
To follow relevant legal requirements and the Company Health & Safety Policy.
To keep your work area tidy and free from hazards.
To make a positive contribution to house keeping.
Report and address any safety defects.
- Knowledge & Key Skills:
- Knowledge of filtration / separation or similar process equipment.
- Knowledge of chromatography column technology, willingness to familiarize with column technology
- Knowledge of upstream equipment will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently, under time pressure and in various environments
- Essential Qualifications/Education:
- Relevant technical apprenticeship or craft equivalent in order to perform a service on a filtration, separation and purification system/equipment in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Relevant technical qualification to perform the service on the respective equipment/system. Detailed knowledge of apertures, fittings, valves, measuring devices and electrical installation is a must.
- Cross trained in electrical / instrumentation / mechanical is essential.
- Engineering degree / Technician degree
- Fluent in Italian & English; French & Russian will be recognized as additional value.
- Communication skills allowing working in the team (internally as well as with the customer)
- Essential Previous Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a service / engineering or similar position within the biopharmaceutical market.
- Factory test work and/or site work experience.
Multi-discipline work experience.
Great opportunity of work