Senior System Engineer
Bechtle Brussels is the unit of Bechtle AG focused in winning and managing Tenders with European Union Institutions. We have the same solid roots of our German mother Company but we have the flexibility of an international Company.
Based in Bruxelles, we have a team composed by talents from all different parts of Europe.
We focus our activity in understanding the IT Infrastructure requirements of All European Union Institutions (ex. European Commission, European Parliament, European Council). Then we leverage our international partnerships to elaborate the best fit for purpose and use solution.
We’re looking for a Senior System Engineer.
The pay range we are offering is between 60K and 80K euro depending of your experience.
- We offer e offer a Company Car, Meal Vouchers, personal use of mobile phone and computer.
- We offer flexible working hours with wide possibility to organize your own job.
- This position reports to the Managing Director
- Minimum 6 years of significant operating systems administration experience (Windows, Linux) in relation with servers and storage systems.
- Significant experience in servers and storage virtualization
- Significant experience with software related to servers and storage management (appliances, backups, quotas,…)
- Certifications of DELL EMC or Hitachi or Netapp will be considered as an Asset.
- Good understanding of fundamental security concepts.
- Working knowledge, written and spoken, of English required. Knowledge of French and/or German is considered as a plus.
- EUI Citizenship or work permit.
- Administer and operate complex storage/backup solutions
- Maintains policies on system use and services.
- monitoring of servers and storage performance and backup activities, and resolution of problems.
- Interface with vendor support
- Provides technical lead for Operators
- Elaborates of operational guidelines/procedures and technical documentation, maintain and implement of strategies, policies and best practices, provides feedback on possible improvements and KPI (Key Performance Indicators).
The Location: Bechtle Brussels is based in Brussels, in the heart of the European Quarter. Frequent trips to Luxembourg and some visit to European locations will be necessary.
Why Should You Apply?
- Unique opportunity to know the IT organization of the European Institutions.
- Growth with a young, international Company that belongs to a solid group quoted in stock exchange of Frankfurt.
- Freedom to organize your daily job with direct support from top management when required.
- Flexibility to build your training based on your requirements.
- Bechtle Brussels supports employee responsible thinking and acting among all his employees . We create an open, dynamic and international work environment where respect, intercultural sensitivity, communication abilities, customer orientation are very important values.
Please e-mail your CV with motivation letter to
The first selection will be performed directly by the management of line.
The selected candidates will be invited for an interview (or a web conference, if they if they -reside outside Belgium) with two managers of Bechtle. A second a final interview will be organized with the general manager in Bruxelles and HR.
You will be informed in the case your candidature will not be selected. Your CV will not be stored.