PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & TESTING ENGINEER
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing and self-motivated Product Testing & Development Engineer to join our Technical team in the dynamic and fast growing passive fire protection business. The role will be based at our Manchester Head Office in England so candidates must be willing to relocate. It would suit someone who has experience in passive fire protection, fire resistance testing or installing fire stopping products. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Technical Sales and Marketing teams.
DUTIES OF ROLE
- Organising and undertaking fire resistance testing with approved fire test centres in the UK and at times overseas. Including installation of test specimens.
- Working closely with the successful and experienced technical, production and sales and marketing teams to enhance the current product range and develop new products through fire resistance testing and certification.
- Producing test designs and plans and maintaining internal test result reports and records.
- The role will also involve product development from conception, testing and approval through to product launch, which will include liaising with a variety of customers and in-house departments.
- Organising and producing promotional product displays.
- Liaise and visit customers / fire test labs to support product development and sales, building strong relationships.
- Active involvement with third party Industry Associations and Working Groups.
- Monitoring current approvals and certification by working with approval bodies to renew and update when required.
- Working closely with the sales and marketing team and assisting them with technical issues.
EDUCATION/TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE
- Construction related experience desirable, including an understanding of Building Regulation requirements.
- Ideally possessing practical Passive Fire Protection / Firestopping product knowledge.
- Experience of fire resistance product testing and certification highly desirable.
- Full UK driving license with the flexibility and willingness to travel when required.
- Practical and pragmatic approach with a determined and resilient attitude.
- Proven ability to produce and follow plans.
- Practical hands on skills for making and installing test samples.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a highly motivated team as well as under own initiative.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Technically and commercially aware.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- A proven ability to adapt to change regularly in order to overcome a wide range of issues.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company bonus
TENMAT is a leading manufacturer of advanced materials and components with outstanding mechanical and thermal properties for demanding industrial applications. The diversified product range includes, thermoset composites for wear parts and bearings, engineering ceramics, high temperature resistant materials, passive fire protection solutions and functionally graded materials. TENMAT operates an ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System for the design, development and manufacturing of specialized high performance engineering materials and components. TENMAT stands for innovation, safety products, commitment to our customers and the latest quality standards worldwide.
The TENMAT group is a multinational corporation with fully owned subsidiaries and presences in the United Kingdom, North America, France, Germany, Sweden and Italy, supported by a global network of vendors and distributors.
HOW DO I APPLY?
If you are interested in the above position and think you may be suitable, please click the apply button below.
We may not be able to respond to all applications. If you application is successful you will be contacted within 1 week.