For more than four decades, Gerber Technology has been a world leader in providing sophisticated automated manufacturing systems. The company serves 25,000 customers, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies, in the aerospace, apparel, retail, composites, packaging, furniture, technical textiles, specialty graphics and transportation interiors industries in 130 countries. Gerber’s products help users move faster, at less cost and with the highest quality.
We are currently seeking a Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant CAD/Software to be based in Italy.
- Support software sales activities and processes;
- Engage directly with customers and users to gain a deep understanding of their current business, products and processes and their associated needs and pain points;
- Establish strong relationships with customers and prospects at the user and management levels, based on trust and mutual respect and understanding;
- Be fully prepared and enjoy to present and demonstrate Gerber software solutions to the customers at all levels of their organizations;
- Provide detailed and engaging solution demonstrations that position Gerber and our solutions in the best possible way relative to business needs and goals;
- Work very closely with and take leadership from the Account Executive on specific opportunities;
- Work collaboratively with other departments and teams within Gerber Technology to maximize opportunities for Gerber Technology;
- Provide detailed feedback and input to product management;
- Potentially, can be involved on Customer Training.
- Undergraduate degree required;
Experience and Profile:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in pre-sales selling pattern making software and 3D design software for the apparel industry, knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and ability to show a first level of Plm is a real plus;
- 3+ years working with software at fashion brands and retailers is a plus;
- A consistent track record of meeting/exceeding objectives and helping a company drive significant growth;
- Excellent communications skills;
- High ability to present to an audience with confidence and with industry expertise in an entertaining and engaging way;
- Excellent customer relations skills;
- Fluent in Italian and English.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Ability to build credibility with industry people and executives, winning their confidence and trust based on their reputation and industry technical knowledge:
- A self-starter who sees opportunities to add value and takes on tasks without being asked.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
- An individual who has the ability to understand both the big picture and the immediate day-to-day and who can use this knowledge to help customer understand how the business is performing, where issues are likely to arise going forward and how to improve their business processes
- A mature, energetic individual who adheres to the highest standards of business and personal integrity.
- A confident, decisive person who is action-oriented and meets all agreed upon commitments.
- A team player who demonstrates a strong desire to instill a partnership-orientation among the people he/she is working with.
- Someone who is extremely resourceful, who finds creative ways to get the job done with little support from others.
Note: Documents for application must be sent in English.