With sales revenues of $2.26 billion in 2016/17, Zespri is one of the world’s most successful horticulture marketing companies and the Zespri®brand is recognized as the world leader in premium quality kiwifruit. Based in Mount Maunganui, New Zealand, Zespri is 100 percent owned by current or past kiwifruit growers, and employs approximately 450 people in New Zealand, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
On behalf of 2,500 growers in New Zealand and 1,200 growers based elsewhere, Zespri manages kiwifruit innovation and supply management, distribution management and marketing of the Zespri kiwifruit portfolio. Zespri International (Europe) N.V. and Zespri Service Centre N.V., 2 subsidiaries of Zespri International Ltd., oversee all marketing, sales and logistic operations for the European continent.
Marketing Manager Italy& Greece
with significant experience in the marketing of FMCG companies
The candidatewill develop and implement the marketing plan for Italy (including Greece) in conjunction with the Market Manager Italy and the Marketing Manager Europe that will grow long term consumer demand and meet Zespri objectives.
The purpose of the position will be to optimise long-term returns to growers and Zesprifrom the Zespriportfolio of cultivars and products, by developing and implementing marketing plans and campaigns to drive the sales of Zesprikiwifruit in Italy and Med.
Key accountabilities will be:
- Manage the delivery of all marketing activities within the agreed budget, operating with flexibility.
- Work closely with the Market Manager Italy to respond to the changing trade, competitors, consumers and supply environment.
- Manage all aspects of marketing activities including brand promotion and media support, consumer promotions, channel management support and point of sale, public relations, plus other activities as agreed.
- Work with agencies and third party suppliers to deliver the marketing plan in a timely and cost effective basis.
- Report back on marketing activities and results to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of Zespri’smarketing strategy for Europe and globally, as required, through the representation of the marketing strategy in Italy.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager Europe to manage the implementation of global and regional marketing goals into the Italian marketing plan.
- Communicate local issues and opportunities to other business stakeholders to ensure that the local market perspectives can be considered in regional and global strategy development.
- Tertiary Qualification in Business / Marketing / Economics / Communication or similar.
- Relevant (around 5-8 years’) experience in FMCG Marketing(preferably in the Food market)
- Extensive experience in brand marketing or product management, across a broad set of marketing activities.
- Fluency in English and Italian (both written and oral).
- Computer skills including Powerpoint, Excel, Word. Experience with SAP would be an advantage.
- Strong commercial and financial awareness, providing the basis for tracking market trends and competitor information and ultimately identifying business opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills allow for the breakdown and understanding of various forms of information to aid good judgement and decision-making.
- Personal flexibility, with the capacity for driving or responding to change, dealing with ambiguity, and adapting to suit different circumstances / cultures etc.
- Superior relating and networking abilities, with a talent for building long-term working relationships at all levels