Our client is a Multinational Company with an $8.3 Bn turnover, a reputation for excellence and operations in 36 countries, world leader in the supply of beverage packaging to some of the biggest FMCG brands.
For a new plant based in Parma, we are looking for a
directly reporting to the Plant Manager.
The main purpose of the position isto manage the Environment, Health, & Safetyresponsibilities for the plant, ensuringthat best practice and statutory obligations are fully met and that a safety culture isdeveloped.
To develop a WFoE (ContinuousImprovement) culture in the plant. To identify and promote Best Practice across the site in support of the achievement of Plant KPIs.
- Provide expert advice to Line Managers in all aspects of health and safety in the workplace.
- Promote the application of best practices to meet site, corporate and statutoryrequirements.
- Manage and develop the OHSAS 18001 system to ensure the application of safesystems of work.
- Monitor legislation change and ensure compliance withlegalrequirements: IPPC, Waste, Water, Air, Noise, and Energy regulations.
- Manage and develop the ISO 14001 standard system in all its aspects
- Organise, co-ordinate and/or provide support to environmentalrelatedprojects to reducewaste, solvents and air emissions and the coststhereof.
- Investigate, in accordance with plant and statutoryprocedure, all incidents, near-misses and accidents, and initiate effective corrective actions if appropriate
- Promote accident preventionactivities and devise and communicate One Point Safetylessons, SafetyCampaigns and initiatives to reduce accidents and enhance Safe Workingbehaviours.
- Collate all monthly data, statistics and KPIs in respect of Environment and Health & Safety for presentation to Head Office and the Executive Team.
- Implementation of WCP policy and facilitation of local Plant wideWFoE programme, helpingestablish a positive culture for ContinuousImprovementwithin the whole Plant
- Technical or Industrial Engineering degree
- Recognised qualification on Risk Prevention
- Working knowledge of EHS legislation
- Strong knowledge of standards (OSHAS 18001, ISO 14001) development and keeping
- Problem solving skills, facilitation skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma knowledge (Black Belt preferably)
- Languages: Italian, English,