Our client is a Multinational Company with an $8.3 Bn turnover, a reputation for excellence and operations in 36 countries, world leader in the supply of beverage packaging to some of the biggest FMCG brands.
For a new plant based in Parma, we are looking for a
Customer Technical Service Engineer – Italy
directly reporting to the Sales Manager – Italy.
The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring that customer filling lines operate safely and efficiently and safeguarding the integrity of and continuing demand for our products.
- Provide technical assistance to specified customers so as to ensure they are fully satisfied in using Crown’s products on their processes, according to the budget
- Respond to the customer request for assistance and provide support during not planned hours
- Respond on behalf of Sales Manager when problems arise, whether it is can, end, print, quality or service issues to minimize the any adverse effect on the Business
- Arrange pro-active visits to customers to analyse customer double seam results or carry out independent checks and advice course of action as necessary and support cost reduction programs
- Identify chargeable opportunities to provide training for customers personnel where new equipment or technology is being installed or where is considered that skills and facilities should be improved
- Arrange and provide engineering technology support during setting up and running of line trials whether it be customer, factories or Business request
- Provide assistance and advice on all areas of the can filling line – safety, can handling, filling, seaming, can and end drying – to maximize customer production efficiency and product integrity
- Carry out auditing of the customer plant from incoming to filled goods and where appropriate make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure that the customers are able to satisfactorily close Bevcan components by the setting of equipment to handle variations, by diagnosing and correcting faults and identifying recurrent problems on equipment
- technical engineer with at least 3 years’ industrial experience
- knowledge and experience of double seaming and or beverage customer process
- quality and customer oriented, with a safety mind- set,problem-solving, organization and communication skills
- ability to relate to people at all levels, both with the customers and within our own business
- excellent verbal and writing skills in Italian and English.